04-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
doberzus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Tesla M3P

Finally got some Kitty! Hellcat vs. F80 M3

Hey guy's,

Just traded in my 2016 S3 in for this amazing Yellow Jacket 2017 Challenger Hellcat! Why? I have always wanted a supercharged muscle car that has both a ferocious pull, gnarly V8 sound, and that satisfying supercharger whine.

After the initial test drive, I fell in love with this car! Car is a boat, but it felt so comfortable and smooth. The SC whine is addicting, and the pull is straight up FEROCIOUS!!! I am actually quite irritated how it makes my stock ZCP, with Remus catback(mids+axle) feel almost unexciting. I expected the SC'd Kitty to lose a lot more power at 4500ft altitude.

POWER: I have yet to do side by side pulls, but in the M I feel like it pulls hard but very "Euro-Smooth" vs. "Raw-Fierce". Instant power, no lag(SC vs. Turbo). The pulls in the M feel very deceptive, it moves!! Just doesn't "feel" as fast because it's so well built and planted. In the Hellcat the pulls feel extremely scary to my passengers lol. It's a straight line cruiser. DUH.

BRAKES: The car feels VERY large, but surprisingly brakes better than my F80. I used to have an F80 with the 18's and it felt like it braked better(might be the heavy 20's..not sure).

TRACTION: The Hellcat requires even MORE attention to throttle application than the F80. We cruised in the rain today and the Hellcat isn't the uncontrollable beast people make it out to be. Just have to learn how to use the throttle appropriately.

STEERING: F80 hands down, the steering feels sort of wobbly and "truck-like" Do not see a button to control steering feel. The F80 feels like a very buttoned down car.

SOUND: First the F80 exhaust, I have the non-resonated Remus catback and combined with the ZCP burbles it sounds damn good and gets compliments all the time. The Hellcats big, burbly V8 sounds very satisfying and "masculine". You really cannot hear the turbo's on the F80(it's there, just very faint). That supercharger whine is just ooooohh SO sweet, addicting.

Overall, the M is just sexier and gets more attention...believe it or not. It's an amazing machine and will hold it's own against the Hellcat(at altitude). I just feel like the Hellcat is the more visceral and exciting car to drive. I am blessed to be able to have both at my disposal and experience the beauty and the beast.

Here's some pics of my wife and I cruising, just thought I'd share!

RECENT PAST: 2016 F80 Austin Yellow (6MT) / 2017 F80 Atlantis Metallic (DCT-ZCP) / 2017 Challenger Hellcat 8A / 2017 Focus RS/ 2017 Shelby GT350 / 2018 Audi TTRS / 2018 Raptor Crew Cab / 2020 X3M Comp
Appreciate 8
Ghosn463.50
shay2nak1070.00
'Cane8696.50
swanson738.00
AIRPOWER1682.50
D675PDX239.50
Kankles1485.50