View Single Post
      03-10-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

Hey

In the event that you opened the hydo system when changing out the motor, try this. Engage the red Emergency handle & manually bring the top up & down a few times. Since the pump is self-bleeding, this should, if there are any air pockets remove them. reset the red handle & try the down switch again

If the above does nothing. Since you've moved the pump to the trunk, take a flashlight and place it behind the top plastic on the pump & sort of shake the pump. Can you see any hydo fluid inside? If yes, while in trunk near the pump with the flashlight have someone push top down & after the motor starts with the flashlight behind can you see a decrease/increase in the fluid??? (1)
(1) Yea, I know, that plastic top gets really yellow with age & it's tuff to see thru.

If you can see a lot of fluid in the plastic top and it's not moving at all when the motor is running then you may have made an error when you changed out the old motor. However, if you took off the hydo lines when swapping out motors you may have somehow crossed the connections at the pump. This sort of cross connection could result in the motor running but no movement.

When you start checking the fluid level in the above steps and if you can't see any fluid in the system, top it off with hydo fluid using the screw in the middle of the plastic top. This will tell you if you've either cured your issue or if there a leak within the hydo system.

I've never swapped out the motor on the pump sooo, I honestly can't help with that.
Appreciate 2
wdb4761.00
jwolf63.00