Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Well that's the idea.

The BMW adaptive suspension includes ONLY the adaptive dampers that have electronically controlled internal valves to alter damping capabilities as needed. The springs are like any other springs, they don't change their spring rate, and there is no change in ride height and no way to change it either.

As the poster above posted he has H&R springs with the adaptive dampers.
What I'm looking into doing is using the M Performance springs along with my M adaptive dampers on my 335i Msport.

I don't know if this would be better than going with other after market sport springs.
The M Performance springs are 10mm lower than what I have now so the slight reduction in ride height would not be that much and I don't want a slammed look.
Also, I don't know what the M Perf spring rates are. I do know that the M Perf springs are firmer than the sport springs.
BMW's site claims the M Perf springs are about 34% firmer than the sport springs.
That sounds perfect to me, not too firm and not too soft.
My stock sport springs feel too soft, a 34% increase should work quite nicely especially with the adaptive dampers.
This sounds like a really good option... anxious to hear your feedback after you've completed the mod.
I am on the fence b/w an xDrive and a RWD 335. Either way, I'd opt for the M Adaptive suspension. But If I go with the xDrive, then I'd definitely like to go with a stiffer/lower spring as long as it still matches up well with the EDC-equipped dampers.