View Single Post
      11-21-2019, 07:34 AM   #12
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Now having used up one whole full tank on mine I can now see exactly what you mean. Last week when it was delivered brand new with 8 miles on the clock, I filled it up with petrol and it was full charged. It showed a range of around 350 miles, which sounds about right and what my F30 330e would show.

Yesterday, I filled up having averaged around 60mpg over 490 miles, and the range showed 530 miles. This can only be because it expects me to charge as I have been, rather than a reflection of how far I would go with the current "energy" being carried by the car at that moment in time using current driving style. So it's fundamentally NOT an indication of actual range as we would always have understood it to be, and different to how it was shown previously.
Interesting Terry. How is the range display shown 'different' than previously? (Than the F30 330e I assume).

What you say about the range on your fill, has to be about right on your recent consumption 'history'. What I can't see is how it could show any other figure. What would the OBC calculate the anticipated range on, other than recent history?

The anticipated range of the current 'energy' carried on-board, can apply to a straight forward ICE car. It is only based on history. Not how we might drive our next trip, say in a different set of conditions, where the range could possibly halve.
Appreciate 0