View Single Post
      11-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #7
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcgd21 View Post
I agree with you completely, the total indicated range on the 330e is so so stupid. The total indicated range should have been the estimated petrol range (based on the petrol fuel consumption only) + estimated electric range (based on the electric consumption only), but instead BMW decided to make the total indicated range based on the way you drive, so if you drive one month purely on electric mode you get a total indicated range of 800 miles for example, which is ridiculous, because if you suddenly go for a long motorway trip then you don't know what is the real range in that situation, and the range will start dropping very very fast.
I sense the frustration, but how is that going to work? What is the baseline? Some default, but meaningless figure, if is isn't calculated from actual use.

Second highlighted point, isn't that what has to happen? You change your driving situation and the range will reflect that very quickly, as it continuously recalculates the consumption, doing so over the last few miles driven. Range for ICE used to be (may still be) based on current driving conditions during the preceding 18 miles/30 kilometers.
Appreciate 0