View Single Post
      01-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Production status

Just checked with my sales rep. and got the ordering system printout. Mine went 112 on Monday, 1/7, with production scheduled for the second week in February. I asked him how long I had to make changes, and this was the reply,

"When a car is ramping up to production, one has to loosely interpret the "Req. Production" date. It appears that your car is due to be produced by the second week of February. If that is the case, typical production BMW's would flip to a 150 status by the end of this month. The problem here is that BMW may have sourced subcontractors for specific components of this car which may require a lock up of the modification process earlier than normal. This early lock up is typical of new cars due to the variables that may affect the M3. In short, although I would expect the 150 status to occur a couple of weeks before the scheduled production, I don't feel comfortable committing to that schedule on the M3 yet.

Our first allocation is not in not in a 150 status as of this morning."

Mine is the second allocation. I'm hoping to have a couple more weeks, during which we will perhaps get pricing, to finalize my order.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0