View Single Post
      05-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
1ntense_Rocket
1ntense_Rocket
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraking View Post
First of all, are you talking about JUST the muffler, or the entire exhaust system? It's not just a muffler and tips that are replaced with the performance exhaust.

Next, the simple answer to your question is no, the 135's exhaust is not the same as the 128's "performance" exhaust. The stock 135 exhaust has the same butterfly valve as the stock 128, which leads me to conclude that they're the same if not similar. The performance exhaust has no flap and a different muffler (where the sound is generated).

Note also: putting a 135 part on a 128 doesn't necessarily mean your warranty is going to stay intact. Speak to your dealer, see what they say. Don't trust what you read on forums, because most of us are just speculating anyway. If you really want a louder exhaust, go with the performance exhaust. People really seem to like it.
i agree. 128i performance exhaust is NOT the 135i stock muffler. It might be worth it to get custom work done like how "my 128i project" did so since you have an extra muffler lyin around.
Appreciate 0