06-16-2020, 12:04 AM   #19
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLife View Post
Agreed the M model is a bit more palatable. Big grills I think would grow on me, it is the shape of the grill and how the 4 series bumper overall looks so flat yet rounded on the edges, it is an awkward shape.

This is complete speculation, but I am wondering if BMW designed two different bumpers that can fit this car. If the risky design was not well received then, they could maybe start with the secondary bumper at some point. They make so many cars and so many parts, if a small aftermarket company can come up with something, I feel like BMW could plan for something ahead of time. They have to have known this was a big risk, and you usually hedge a big bet. Unfortunately since SUVs sales are more important, maybe that is their hedge.

It has been a couple of days and they have not removed any of the negative posts on instagram, even the ones dropping f bombs, this is a first.
While I get the hope, the cost of parallel tracking this type of development and the supply chain planning to do a quick switch over would be astronomical and unheard of. No way finance or any management board would approve of that. The decision was made ~2 years ago and they are stuck with what they got. If they were planning to change it for the LCI, they need to start essentially now.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
solstice5457.50