06-14-2020, 09:36 AM   #16
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLife View Post
I've looked at this everyday to see if my opinion would change. I still do not love it, and can not justify spending $80K+ on something I do not love, but I really think the rest of the car is great (aside from the steering wheel being a bit large), this just seems easily correctable.

I can not imagine everyone at BMW was on board with this design, and I feel like there has to be some sort of contingency plan in place if it is not received well. An LCI with alternative front bumper, or a way to add something to make this look a lot better. I just can't see this go a full production run without a major change to the front end.
If that is the case, hopefully it can be retrofit at the time to pre-LCI models...not without a significant cost I would imagine, but it is what it is.

At least the one thing the M model has going for it is that the grill comes all the way down to the lip and eliminates that goofy smiley face look that the regular 4 series has going on. That alone makes it look 100x better and more aggressive, even if you don't like the big grilles.
Appreciate 0