Musashi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i XDrive Laguna Seca

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 1240456[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenigma View Post
First, your dealer's working from a broken spec - it's not
-0.09 to -0.1 deg of negative front camber - it's -0.9 to -0.1 degrees with -0.5 degrees being perfect. So your front camber is ~perfect

Second, you can't do anything to adjust the camber on the F30 aside from buying new parts (oem swivel bearing for + or - 0.5 deg, or an aftermarket camber plate). Adjusting ride hight with different springs will modify the camber a bit (lower will add more negative camber up to a point) but not much - seeing ~-0.6 with m-perf springs seems right on what I would expect.

Rear camber is adjustable, the target from the manual is -105' which is -1.75 degrees. With the M-Perf, they might want a little more. -1.9 in the back isn't out of line - it will cause the rear to stick a little....

I definitely need your assistance... My rear 20" Pirelli RFT wore twice as fast on the ouside. Rear Left was 4-7-8 AND REAR RIGHT 6.5-4-3 32nds.

Am attaching the alignment sheet. First one was one year ago. Second one was just recently, and the third one today. Wa snot satisfied with the decrease in negative camber and had them redo it.

Strangely, they insisted that on the 335i XDrive M Performance they can go REAR LEFT 1.7deg but REAR RIGHT 1.3 Max, which allows for a .5 deg (or 30 minutes) difference between left and right.

The reason it cannot go more than 1.3 on the rear right is as they turn the adjusting stock screw, past 1.3 it goes into positive. It seems a vehicle specific feature and a spec sheet from BMW did indicate the difference. In theory I can upgrade the camber gizmo and go past 1.3 rear right- provided I keep up increasing the rear Left.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

The picture with the red left and right is last summer. Second pic the alignment just completed.

As is, today the car's handling felt superior even on a wet road.

regards
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Doc - Jul 6, 2015, 16-20.pdf (1.04 MB, 604 views)
Appreciate 0