01-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #17
Cabrio330
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
I hate all pedal remappers. If anything, I want the opposite. Sport+ is basically a trigger. Makes it hard to modulate and feather on corner exit

I used pedal box plus on my R8 and even the lowest setting was ridiculous. I took it off and sent it back. I can see how it tricks people into feeling like it's a good thing but it's not. Maybe for hardcore drag racing action where you're battling it out at the tree
I have used 4 different remappers (Pedalbox, Sprint) on 4 different BMWs and while I could find a setting that met your "trigger" description, they all had settings that were not "triggers" and that added immensely to enjoyment and responsiveness.

We are talking opinions here, so my only reason for responding is so that others will not take your opinion as the final say. In my opinion, 95% of people that install a remapper will like it given the numerous setting options these offer now. The other 5% will hate it because they find offense with the remapping premise, i.e., they believe it is fooling the driver.

I will add that I have put flash tunes or ECU remaps (Conforti, D'Sylva, Dinan, etc.) on numerous BMWs and not one of those has generated anything close to the satisfaction that all of the remappers have given me. And the remappers are usually cheaper too.
Appreciate 1
hwntime273.00