06-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Bridgestone Blizzaks, www.tirerack.com

They'll ship them mounted and balanced with TPS sensors, ready to go. In PA, you can probably get them within a couple days from order. I once ordered a set of winter wheels on a Friday afternoon and got them (in NY) on Monday. They'll also show you factory sizes and other recommended alternatives.
Sorry ... bit of a gripe I have w/ this response (and not directed towards you ChrisNY)... but there are 12 different types of "Blizzak's". Everyone on here always says - "get a set of Blizzak's", but that's like answering the question - "what are the best runniung shoes" - "Nike's". Each type of Blizzak's serves a different purpose, and there are winter performance tires, to snow/ice tires. I'm highlighting this out, as I found it extremely confusing when trying to find a good winter tire, and someone would tell me to get the "Blizzak".

Based on research I've done, I am personally going w/ a 225/45 18 (8inch rim) w/ Blizzack LM-60 for good balance of dry/wet cold weather performance and decent snow/ice (non-staggered setup). Really depends on how much snow you get in your area (if I was in need of a hardcode snow/ice tire, I would go w/ the Michelin X-Ice Xi2)