Mach 1 in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
BMW reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace008
I am in the market for a new 330i, but my parents are saying BMWs are very expensive to fix and maintain. They are telling me I should go for a Japanese car like the Lexus IS350 since they hardly have any problems. Are bimmers really that hard to maintain? For those of you that have owned e46s, have you had any problems with it? I really want the e90, but am not sure of the reliability.
I took delivery of an E90 330i last Thursday. My 8th BMW. I have no complaints of reliabilitywith any of these vehicles, save one and they replaced it immediately. Having said that, the E90 has a 4 yr. 50K warrentee that even covers brakes, and I have no intension of owning or leasing ANY vehicle of this complexity unless it is under full warrentee!!

I'll also say this, as others have said previously, NO Japanesse car will withstand the punshment and abuse you can put a BMW through. These cars have been designed, engineered and build to be driven HARD all the time without complaint. NO Japanesse brand can claim that. My wife drives an Acura MDX which is a really great soccer mom suv, but it AIN'T no BMW!

The Japanesse build truly wonderful, reliable cars, but if you're looking at BMWs then you are obviously looking for something more than a "wonderful, reliable car". You're looking for a "Ride". And, my friend, there IS no other ride comparable to a BMW!
Appreciate 0