First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Yup. It might be accurate. Or like BMW did, it might be optimistic. Like I mentioned, in my car, even with the stock map, it shows max HP at around 280 and max TQ under 400Nm. It hits only around 290lbft on the meter though BMW claims it to be 295.

How are you enjoying stage 2 so far?
Stage 2 AGG is a really good tune. Pops are gunshot loud around 3-4k RPM. Around 1-2k RPM, it is very manageable. The burbles are nice and lowkey, but definitely present. Duration of burbles are about 1-1.5 seconds. 5th gear burbles are mild. This is in Sport Plus.

In Sport, in normal D mode, it is pretty tame, it's actually nicer than Sport in Stage 2 (non AGG). In non AGG, it burbles slightly in Sport, but in Stage 2 AGG, Sport purrs but it doesn't burble. Comfort sounds the same in Stage 2 and Stage 2 AGG. No gunshots unless I am in manual gear or sport gear setting in either Sport or Sport+.

It is very tame in Comfort/Comfort Plus, even with manual gear, there are no burbles at all.

The valve is also fully open in Sport+. I realize in Sport that the valve varies depending on throttle position. But none of that nonsense in Sport+. This results in a crazy sound from the exhaust, very deep and throaty just how I like it. The idle has a really nice boiling sound, it's very nice. I really dig the sound of this exhaust, it's aggressive and tame at the same time.

Performance wise, generally speaking for Stage 2, it is much better than Stage 1. So much smoother, feels like a resistance is lifted in 1st and 2nd gears. There also seems to be way more speed gains at full throttle. The best part is that turbo spool time is much quicker and the turbo initiates much faster at lower RPMs. This really changed the way I drive the car. I don't have to accelerate as hard to get up to speed, and normally I drive less aggressive since I want to keep my exhaust in a tame condition while driving in Sport+ so I don't attract too much attention

Haven't had the time to do a full test yet but there is no lag between shifts at WOT, it's a whole different beast than at medium and low speeds. I really have to give props to how well the BMW technicians and engineers tuned the transmission on the ZF8HP platform, it's insanely quick, almost if not just as fast as a DCT when in manual gear selection mode in Sport+. I am truly amazed.

I will try to get a video up soon. Stay tuned, thanks for reading
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50