First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Nope. I asked BMS why and they said it’s because the car is being tricked and the DME doesn’t “see” the increased power and hence doesn’t display it. I assumed as much since I thought it probably was a gimmick any way (even the X3 has it and something about the way it showed the power didn’t seem right ). I haven’t checked the sport displays after installing the jb4 but the JB+ didn’t have any effect (I thought it did since it showed almost 280hp which I noticed after installing the JB+ and I was sure I saw it around 250 without it but a recent drive on map 0 (stock map) showed it shows 280 even with the stock tune and bmw claims only 255 hp so yea).
If you look at the BM3 (or any G20 tuner) description, you’ll see that they mention/mentioned calibration of the sport gauges (Edit - I just checked the BM3 and PTF websites and they don’t mention it now - I’m 99pc sure I saw it on one/both websites before).
The last update on Stage 1 map shows what you're talking about. They purposely calibrated sports displays, I'm guessing it's accurate while tuned?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0