View Single Post
      11-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #10
squawk77
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
As the m235i will have an optional lsd could it worth the extra cost for the extra snow traction? I'm not an awd type person. Anybody ever tested similar BMW models with lsd and without in winter condition? E.G. 135i vs 1m.
I drive my M3 with LSD in winter. The difference is noticeable (open diff, if either tire breaks traction it will get all the power and spin) The traction control makes my M3 useless in snow until I turn it off (you need to spin a little in snow) I had a Honda before that I swapped a Prelude LSD into and it helped to climb hills from a stop, and otherwise just prevented 1 tire from spinning. Winter tires are what's important though (stopping traction...)

The trick with rust prevention imo is washing as soon as it gets above freezing temp (rust accelerates with higher temps) Hence I don't park my cars in a heated garage every night either. I don't think they rust so much in the cold but get it washed off real good when it warms up. Also wax it and maybe get 3M clearbra for protection from rocks/sand
Appreciate 0