11-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #16
nthanos330i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
I'd say it was the recent steering wheel wrap and plastic trim repaint around the airbag. From start to finish it took a good 10hrs, but I'm very happy with the results on both.

The steering wheel had an ugly wear spot at the 2pm position from a previous owner apparently never varying his grip, and the trim had the typical peeling 'paint' problem they're common for near the buttons. I wet sanded the peeling crap off the trim piece then sprayed the same black trim paint that I used for the peeling circular trim ring around the start/stop button because I knew the color match was spot-on. Leather wrap quality is outstanding with a great feel to it. Got it from these peeps:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1
Awesome. I had the same peeling trim issue, but because of my Dakota beige interior, it was a little harder to paint-match. I ended up popping off a grab handle and having it paint-matched with house paint at Home Depot. Sounds crazy, but it's durable and when applied with a sponge to the leather textured plastic, you can't even tell!