12-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Germancarnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2015, Audi Q7 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex57r View Post
F34'sstyling is very unusual so it will not appeal to everyone. I knew that going in, but being different is not why I got the car. To me it was 9.5/10s of a 335 sedan, performance wise (xdrive to xdrive), with lots of back seat room, cargo space, and a taller seating position. The car improved in the very areas I thought the 3 series was lacking. For the money it was a no brainer. When I found out about the cool 911 like spoiler that just sealed the deal (joking of course lol). I can live with giving up a couple of tenths to the sedan here and there, and living in the snowbelt, I was done with swapping summer and winter rubber so xdrive was a given too. The one area where the extra weight is noticeable to me was the breaking. I did not get the msport breaks like this test car and to me the break pedal did not seem as responsive as the sedan (brakes might just need to be broken in).

Can someone confirm that the f34 uses 50 profile tires as compared to 45s on a similarly equipped f30? I forgot to look at mine and its currently on the ship sailing over (ED). Higher profile tires will effect performance (negatively) but again for me personally, living in NY, its a step in the right direction without making the car into an SUV.
Yes. It has the larger tires, and I'm glad it does. I think with 19s we would otherwise have been in trouble on New England roads.
Appreciate 0