View Single Post
      05-04-2018, 06:52 AM   #5
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

Bilstien PSS10s have zero adjustment on the top. They are only one way bump (compression) adjustable on the bottom (both F/R). They are not adjustable at the top at all nor two way adjustable... I've owned a set, so take my word for it.

The KW V3s I now have are adjustable bump on the bottom, adjustable rebound on the top. I'm not sure about the V2s / street comforts etc.

On the E9x cars you could just get to this point through the trunk. The F30, of course they made the rear shock mounts inaccessible through the trunk. So, it kind of sucks to change the rebound on the rear, but it's not that big of a hassle. Just unzip the shock/LCA bolt, and the 3 shock mount bolts, drop it down a bit, pop off the plastic thingy on the mount and make the adjustment. You don't have to touch the inner/outer LCA bolts so no alignment necessary. I've had to do this twice and am still messing with it trying to get it right. Suspension is so hard to get sorted perfectly ... trial and error, mostly error. The next time I have the car in the air I'll drop the shocks down and move the rebound 2 clicks stiffer.

The bigger issue with the V3s is the rear spring perch doesn't quite have enough height. I have to get the 'spring spacer', and front camber plates, and do the whole thing again. And another alignment, may as well just get the corner balance too. Trial and error...

Last edited by B58 parts; 05-04-2018 at 06:57 AM..
Appreciate 0