View Single Post
      03-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #8
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
…I am undecided what I want to replace my F30 with. I was considering the G30 but I have been thinking about an SUV lately. I can't wait to see the G01.

For anyone curious about Phytonic Blue C1M:
Thank you for sharing the ‘Phytonic Blue’ color sample, Zirenz2006.

Although we used to drive 3, 5, and 7 series sedans, we've been sold on the 2nd gen X3 35i ever since it was released. It allows better flexibility with loading options, yet is still small enough to allow easy maneuvering in parking lots and provides nice handling. With the G01 expected to add more luxurious interiors and enhanced engine choices with improved performance and handling, we're definitely excited about the G01 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobstar View Post
Will also be interesting to see specs and the engine line up for the UK market. Hopefully we'll get the M40i as the 2nd generation is only available with diesel engines here.
Always difficult to know what is true or rumor, but on 2 Mar 2017 an Australian firm in Sydney (PerformanceDrive) shared online indications that the G01 might be ‘getting M40i, M40d, X3M, and xDrive30e variants.’ They pointed out it isn’t clear which markets will sell which variants, but if this is true, perhaps the M40d will become an option for the UK and Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
It's the same with the GLC. In the UK it's diesel only except for the GLC43 which will be the direct competitor to the 40i.

I hope that comfort seats will be an option for the G01. A few weeks ago I drove the new 5 series and its seats are the best of any BMW ever.
It’ll be interesting to see the full Option list for sure. And hopefully they will allow individualization of some choices (and not require full packages to get certain ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishman View Post
Never heard of Vernasca leather. Did google search and nothing pops up. Is this equivalent or a step up and closer to Nappa?
I had difficulty researching this as well. As Vernasca is a city in Northern Italy, and Italy is renowned for its fine leather production, I thought it was probably higher quality.

If you search ‘Nasca leather’ instead of ‘Vernasca’, though, more links are obtained. Not sure if it is the same but seems possible it is? In Aug 2004 a discussion on a different forum indicated Nasca was used in the 7 series with the perforated ventilated seats. This was also suggested in a book by Marc Cranswick, “The BMW 5 series and X5…”, in which it was indicated Nasca was the perforated leather positioned between the ‘base Dakota and the top of the line Nappa’ [29 Jul 2010, p.218]. Another site which discusses BMW’s types of leather: https://www.leather-dictionary.com/i...ar_leather#BMW. Note that if front ventilated seats are optioned the leather choices diminish to only three colors - the Canberra Beige/Black, Black, or Mocha (see Notes section of HEA Ordering Guide).
Appreciate 0