View Single Post
      04-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Coolant expansion reservoir leaking horribly.. Need to find new one ASAP..

So I got a low coolant light and when i went to top off fluid i saw coolant dripping out from where the top of the reservoir and the bottom of the reservoir are mated together the other day, right near the vacuum canisters.. And today i went to install my cp and bov and i noticed dried water on my engine cover and upon examination after a short drive I saw spewing coolant coming out of the back of that same sealing area on the expansion tank so I imagine my reservoir is shot.. Somebody mentioned that they had this happening to them as well and they found one for $35 brand new and it worked perfectly, so I'm just wondering if that person is still around and if so do they remember where they got it from because the cheapest ones I found are on eBay and they're used for like $60 to $100..?? I went on realoem and it seems like our expansion tanks are not for sale on there anymore and I know the dealership is gonna tax.. If anybody else knows where I can get one for the cheap or also knows which ones are universal for our cars I'd greatly appreciate it.. When I searched on eBay it links e series, z4s, x models, etc all to the same reservoir but mine doesn't look like all of those as I believe ours are vehicle specific, but not 100% sure..

Thanks!!

EDIT: Video for reference in case anyone else experiences this..

Last edited by BeastMode335i; 04-11-2016 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0