J-Sud
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbromberg View Post
I'm 16 and my dad bought me a 2 series for my first car. I love driving it but it's so annoying how he's always monitoring my speed and location. Any tips or help on where the tracking device may be located or how I can disable or override it?
Thanks!
You will not enjoy the following answer. Your answer/actions will tell us much more about you, however.

You are among the luckiest kids in the world that your dad is so generous to you. The least you could do is respect his wishes to keep healthy and alive until your teenage brain develops enough (doesn't physiologically happen until the 20s) to learn how to make rational risk-assessment decisions on your own. Single-vehicle crashes are the leading killer of teen-agers. Not crashes with other cars....just low-experience and poor-judgement teens losing control and killing themselves. He would be so disappointed in a son he probably has a high respect for if he read your post. I know your young brain doesn't quite get this yet, so think about it on another level which might work better. If he finds out, and there are likely several ways he can, the car might be gone.

Good luck and best wishes,

Someone else's dad.
+1

My first car was a 12 y/o beater

I was happy to just have a car