View Single Post
      01-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
NPTM3
Private
Rep
Drives: for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclenirvana View Post
Ok guys, need a new daily driver. After having test driven practically everything, I have finally settled on the M3 sedan. Need 4 doors, decent trunk, fold down rear seats (cold weather package), and I will use the base rack (yes, even on a M3) for transporting my bicycles.

Color: I think I favor the interlagos blue with silver (not extended) leather interior. I buy gray and silver cars all the time...need something different??

Carbon fiber leather vs. brushed aluminum trim? My current cars have aluminum, which I really like but the carbon leather seems more unique to the M3 which I like...thoughts?

DCT vs 6MT? I recently drove a M3 coupe with the DCT and was very impressed! I like the dual clutch transmission that Audis and VWs use. And these dual clutch transmissions are much more friendly around town than the F1 transmission that Ferrari uses. Have 2 other cars with 6MT...if this was not the case I would not even consider the DCT....but it is really cool. It allows you to really ring out the high rpms in this car!

My only reservation with the M3 has been the fact that for the last 15 years I have had AWD cars for my daily driver--Subaru Outback, 2001 X5, and, currently Cayenne Turbo....not sure this is really needed with the all the traction and stability controls/aids on current vehicles. Thoughts on using your M3 as a daily driver in the winter?

Would appreciate any of your thoughts. I have been reading this forum and found it extremely helpful, especially the pictures section of the various exterior colors.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Color: Same color combo as my Porsche - absolutely beautiful choice and I get a ton of compliments...

CF leather: ordered my E92 with CF leather, it looks totally hot and really unique (saw it in a showroom car = haven't gotten mine yet) and I like the fact that it ties the interior to the CF roof...
2009 ///M3 E92 (Space Gray/x-Fox Red, CF, 6MT)
Appreciate 0