Thread: Audi Q8
View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #14
BH1969
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_X5 View Post
I seriously considered the Q8 before placing my order for a g05 40i on Wednesday. My last four German cars have all been Audis, but the quality and reliability I've personally experienced has progressively gotten worse with each successive purchase in the past.

Building a similarly equipped Q8 to my built X5 was roughly $8k more expensive, sticker to sticker. I also shopped the 2019 Cayenne, Range Rover Velar and Sport, and ultimately decided to make the switch to BMW. Fingers crossed!
I built an equivalent Q8 and got very close to the X5 price. My big difference was knowing what the standard leather felt like in the Audi as opposed to the Luxury Package upgrades, which I just will need to see for myself. The quality issues have been my cause of concern for Audi and Range Rover. I own an X3 and have owned an M6 in the past and have had very good luck with the quality and when there are issues, BMW is very good at taking care of them. I have heard issues in dealing with Audi, especially in Charlotte.

I am from Charlotte also. Did you order through Hendrick? My experience is Hendrick in Charlotte doesn't deal as much and was thinking of doing the performance delivery since Spartanburg is so close and shopping around more if I get the X5. Also notice that markets such as Atlanta deal more on the Audis. Audi of Charlotte doesn't seem to work with you as much. If you ordered through Hendrick, what did you negotiate off MSRP?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0