View Single Post
      07-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #7
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
It's demographics along with the nature of the cars themselves. As much as people on forums want to believe they're representative of a bigger piece of BMW owners...they're not. The number of people who mod these cars is relatively very low to other models with an enthusiast base. I see upwards of 50 F30s a day...they're driven by people who won't know what "F30" means. They're also prone to many issues even bone stock, so a "mod-friendly" dealership will just be under a shitstorm from BMW.

Contrary to this, the service departments for both the Chevy and Nissan dealerships where I take the Z06 and GTR are run by guys who have fully built and race their own cars, have a very strong online/community presence, and really, really know what they're doing. People from hundreds of miles away chose these dealerships because of that. Luckily for me, this Nissan dealer is local but this Chevy dealer is about 85 miles away. They don't bat an eyelash at servicing or performing routine warranty work on cars with built engines, not to mention installing any part you can imagine. But here, it boils down to demographics. The relative percentage of Z06 or GTR owners who mod their cars is relatively very high compared to anything else.
+1