View Single Post
      08-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

ok guys i tried it out yesterday but with my parents being away on vacation and all it's been crazy with feeding the dog, cooking, cleaning, walkikng the dog, training, it's been hard to get pics in.. but will do today.

things i noticed. I had it on Entertainment. Then i shut my car off, when i turn my car back on, after the safe driving warning, it goes to the exact screen (entertainment) it was on before i shut the car off. So it doesn't start on main screen anymore.

The map, def looks much clearer. Better contrast. The yellow looks more deep yellow, the brown, more browning... Def better.

The main menu has a silver color look to it.

From what i saw, the settings options are all the same, and my address book were all still saved.

Here's the HUGE!!! plus.
-I wanted to find walmart. So i went to navigation > information > on location > Shopping > general... THEN it would usually give me all the general stores around me.. BUT, now right after general, it gave me 3 options on one screen. It said, <search>, Distance, And name. So when i went to name i typed walmart, and then went to search, BOOM all the Walmarts.... If i just want to do a general search without inputing name, i would click on search without inputing a name.

Another plus, when i saw the walmarts, there has the city under the walmart. I don't remember if it gives you the street and state, i'll check tonight. BUT when you click on it, you get the PHONE NUMBER, and address... THAT'S SICK!!!... So now i can call them to get info.

Examply. My old nav when i would search for cvs, i always go to the cvs on pompton ave. in cedar grove because it's open 24 hours. BUT there are like 4 cvs's on that same street and town. SO, when i would search i would get, CVS, CVS, CVS, CVS, so i didn't know what street, or phone number to call if it's 24 hours on. This one give me the number for me to call and ask, and there address... Shit rocks.

Also noticed when i have the radio stations, in my old versions, SOME would say like, hot97, kiss89....whatever... but a lot of LOCAL1, LOCAL2, etc.. so if i liked a station, i didn't know what station it was unless i had it on regular to show me the station. Or have it on all station. But now i didn't see any LOCAL1, now it's like La Kalle, KTU, hot97, Z100, etc... So that part is awsome. LIke 100.3.. gotta go.. manager here
Appreciate 0