View Single Post
      04-09-2020, 02:30 AM   #32
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenerbahce View Post
Where will you get this "authentic" M2CS software? I'm under the impression the best you can do is choose a "CS" labeled tune from a 3rd party (BM3, BPM, take your pick). That's not necessarily authentic. For all we know, they just make a map that has comparable output as the CS, or it is their approximation of BMW's CS map. At that point, it really doesn't matter if you wait for some new map to come out, or if you just take one of the choices available today. Let's not confuse a 3rd party "CS" map with authentic BMW software.
Clone the M2CS ECU

They did it with the E46 M3 CSL, don't see why they couldn't do it for the M2

Current CS map from BM3 is for M4, and we're talking about a car with a longer wheel base and larger wheels

While I i actually trust an OTS map from a reputable tuner, I just feel like BMW Engineers are better equipped to tune the engine... They've tested it on many circuits, they've got all the gear, they don't want to make it a warranty issue.

I just feel like waiting for an authentic CS map would be a safe strategy that wouldn't even force me mentally to do the crank hub fix.

Last edited by Dav3; 04-09-2020 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0