View Single Post
      01-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #14
ronnie dobbs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
They have 22 people already in front of me who also have plunked down $2500. Some already have productions numbers. Not sure how many though. When I checked last month they had 10-12 people in front. They are supposedly one of the bigger dealerships so maybe they have more allocated.
I can scan my paperwork later tonight. I saw him enter the order in the system. I think it's called DCS? Or Online DCS or something?
I am also in Houston and have been talking with dealers for about a week about getting on a list. Are you dealing with BMW of North Houston? If so, I thought I should mention that all of the dealers in town that I've spoken with, including North Houston, are telling me I only need to put down $1,000 to get on the list (fully refundable of course). I don't mean to start anything here, but I thought I'd at least let you know. Also, I personally might want to take my business elsewhere if this dealer is trying to take advantage of people.

It may not be as big a deal for you since your car will be here so soon, but I am looking at a sedan with DCT, so I may be waiting 6 months or more it looks like. I'd rather not put down more money than I have to.

Thanks and congrats on getting your order in.
Appreciate 0