View Single Post
      04-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

A Perspective on BMW owners...

I have owned my 335i Coupe 6MT for 1 year this weekend. I have enjoyed it immensely and still discover its many virtues, and caveats every month. This forum, and the Bimmerfest Forum, have a multitude of very helpful, opinionated and passionate BMW owners.

On that note, the opinionated types I am very guilty of being, but there are many degrees of opinions, and also types. I fall into the category of the type that enjoys motoring, only own this vehicle for pleasure, and also have a passion for many interest in motoring, racing, motorcycles, rally, F1 etc.

But why do some Bimmer owners think BMW is the end all and everything else not worthy? This is where the perspective of a Bimmer owner gets a bad rap, as they portray this snobby attitude as if their superior, which in reality in only their ego, or lack there of, then the car they drive.

I am not a lover of the Infiniti or Lexus cars, but I certainly respect them as fine automobiles, as I do Audi/Mercedes/Porsche and even Cadillac as of late. Yes Japanese cars lack the soul of a German car, but its a different beast, and offers a consumer a great option to German/Euro and Detroit makes.

Everyone chooses a car for different reasons, but some of us are fanatics, and love the engineering and race pedigree, or the innovation, or the luxury and performance. Owning a BMW does not make one superior, its only serves to feed a passion about cars for most here on the forum.

Just look at the inner debates on RFT's, JB upgrades, and Manual vs auto paddle shifters?

In closing, I still yearn to have in my driveway, a Aston Martin DB, a Porsche C4S, and a Suburu WRX decked out for off road. But I have to settle for a 335i...poor me.

Cars I have no desire to own, a Corvette, a Viper, 98% of anything made in Detroit, and a Yugo.
Appreciate 0