View Single Post
      06-26-2018, 04:29 AM   #7
Dexter23
Rep
Drives: 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
Interesting - I didn't know the box had to 'adapt'.

I spoke to Racechip to ask what settings to use for turning it up and they gave me 3 additional tuning 'levels'.

Went to level 2 and then put it back to factory setting as it was a bit bonkers and I was certain the turbos were nosier (might just be me worrying!!)

One thing I have noticed is that from a standing start it doesn't feel as quick - mind you I may have just got used to the power of the 335d now. I have noticed that the gearbox shifts up sooner with the racechip or at least it seems to.

Pull is crazy even in comfort mode - it's definitely transformed the car but in some areas it doesn't feel as good as stock.

Going to stick it out for a bit longer and see

My experience with RaceChip was that the company has fantastic marketing, making you want to believe that the product actually does something to the car. I would rev the car up to 4000rpm in a low gear, take my foot of the pedal, then go full throttle, and then, as the (stock!) turbo kicked in, I would talk myself into believing that the car was faster.

The sad reality that I eventually had to face, was that, despite the hype, the product does nothing. This became very apparent when I tried the BMS Stage 1 and JB4.

See my review here:
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...light=racechip
Appreciate 0