svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktx View Post
What was it's configuration? My 328i has every possible option on it, I honestly selected them all, and the car is $53K, with Xenon... Kind of odd to hear there is a more expensive one without Xenons. ( I saw another Mohave Metallic, looks like my old CLS launch edition Indium Gray) not a huge fan on this car.

This is what concerns me... with a Base of 34,900... this is $18,100 over the base price only in options! and the end of the day, it's a 328! Not to bash your choice, but that is what my initial Post was all about...
No worries, I do agree with you that the options can make the total price pretty excessive. I'll explain our choice.

We have been planning to move to Europe for quite some time and our plans were still very much alive when the car was ordered early February. This is why we ordered every option available for the car. The 328i was chosen because of the high gas price and road taxes in Europe, and the plenty of options was so we could create an even higher resale value in 3 years.

Thing is, the car we get now for $53K is worth about $90K (new) in Europe, after 3-4 years, you can still get pretty much the same amount back as you initially paid for it (that is, the European value), especially with some of the options as many options are twice the cost there as they are here. Technically that would make it so that we could drive a nice car with little expenses, almost to the point where we drove the car for almost for free. Of course it's not entirely correct, I am aware of shipping costs and import costs but that loss is only minimal.

Oh well, we only just decided to stay within the US after all, we might still move in several years but not any time soon. In a way I know I should cancel my current order and order a different one with less options but... idk, I don't feel much having to wait yet another 2-3 months, especially not because my current lease is about to end. I can live with my decision, the only ridiculous option is the cold weather package while I live in Hawaii but like someone else said, at least I'm prepared for the next ice age

Either way, I do agree, the options can make the car too expensive

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0