View Single Post
      08-31-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
Maziata
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i 6MT Sedan

Persistent misfires on Cylinders 1, 2, and 4. Help plz :(

(2007 335i 6MT Sedan, DCI, FMIC, CatlessDP, Procede)

Short and sweet: The other day I did a short pull onto the highway, cruised a mile or two, and all of a sudden BAM the car starts shuddering/sputtering, and just generally not being it's normal happy self. CEL came on, it idled rough, it sputtered, even occasionally revved itself up. I pulled the codes while waiting for the tow truck:

P0300 - Random/ multiple missfires
P0301 - misfire cylinder 1
P0302 - misfire cylinder 2
P0303 - misfire cylinder 3
p2414 - O2 Sensor sample error (Bank 1)
P323F - ?

So long story short, I found out the coil pack on cylinder number 2 had gone bad. I ordered all new plugs and coils as it's been about 20k since the tune up (plugs, walnut shell blasting etc). While pulling the old plugs, 1,2,3 were white/grey-ish while 4,5,6 were black. Odd. I put in the new plugs and coils, same results! I can disconnect the first 3 coils while it idles and it has no effect on it what so ever, so obviously nothing is happening on 1,2,3. Next step, I swapped the plugs for the O2 sensors to see if the problem went to the second bank...NOPE, still nothing on 1,2,3. I pulled the plugs from the first 3 cylinders and they appeared dry as a bone (not sure if they should be actually visibly wet from fuel), but I'm not sure where to go from here....any help is appreciated! DME Mosfets? Fuel Injectors? Seems odd that one whole bank fails at once
Appreciate 0