04-20-2020, 01:24 PM   #14
Stan_Brook
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
yep now on the right, odd!

I did have a video but it's nothign impressive, you can hear it on one of the Motech videos of another Storm Bay car. The tone while drigin is actually very nice, but I don't have kit to video that. Revving at Idle is nice until anyone lifts off Then without pops and bangs it just a flywheel decelerating! lol

Genuinely though the Remus is nice.

On another note I also had that Pipercross filter added, you can for sure hear a little more induction >4000/4500 RPM. Still only on sub 400 miles so not too much WOT throttle as yet.

Finally in my random update. I contacted DMS over the weekend, they claim 415BHP from the 2020 model M135is. Wowsers. Still unlikely to be my route due to warranty.

Want to see what ACS come out with first.

PS I will grab a pic of the RHS valve today.
Do we think that right hand drive cars have valve on the left and maybe the valve is on the other side for some crazy reason for left hand drive? Maybe that is why Remus have chosen to put the valve that side? So Motech have extended the lead for the valve - wonder if you get said extension / fly lead if you purchase the exhaust separately although so far I have only seen it avail through Motech.

I don’t exactly sit in the car park at Halford revving my engine so not too worried about the sound of the slow flywheel when lifting off! So long as it sounds better within the car that will do me!

The FI system sounds amazing but that is a full decat OPF out and ECU job so that’s out the window for me.

Might order a filter - not really done much of this sort of thing in the past but will kill 15 mins of lockdown! Waiting for my paycheque to come through from HMRC this month for a change!

Bit wary of the DMS map too - crazy gains can’t be good for the engine unless it’s going back after a year! Also there is a guy on the Facebook group who has had it done but sounded like a shambles. No dyno run for any proof of gains either yet... From what I know they are a really reputable company though.....
Appreciate 0