View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #20
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Sorry this is taking longer than expected. Here's the notes I got back from my buddy on this.

You can download the Excel spreadsheet and it has all of the formulas to calculate area. He's just lagging behind on the tutorial video and says it's taking longer than expected. Maybe by the end of the weekend he can finish and I'll start a new thread about it. But for now, here's what you can do.

1. Download the files:
http://www.rcollins.org/public/Artic...Under%20Curve/

2. Load the "HowTo - Area Under Curve.xlsm" spreadsheet.
3. If you see a warning message saying the document is protected, click to enable editing.
4. If you see a warning message that you need to enable macros, then click to enable macros.
5. Make sure macros are enabled.
A) Click "File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings -> Macro settings."
B) Check box "Trust access to the VBA project object model."
C) Check box "Enable all macros (not recommended...)" D) Click "OK -> OK"

This spreadsheet is already populated with four different dyno charts from different M3 supercharger solutions.
1) ESS VT2-625, 586whp, 379wtq
2) Gintani Stage-2+, 585whp, 384wtq
3) VF-620, 587whp, 381wtq
4) Active Autowerke, Stage-2, Level-3, 589whp, 379wtq

To calculate area under the curve.
1) Select one of the four tabs containing the dyno data.
2) Find an open cell under the graph to place the "=TrapRule" function. T45 and T46 are already populated with the function.
3) "=TrapRule" uses five parameters to calculate area.
=TrapRule(rpmColumn, hptqCol, startRPM, endRPM, dummyCell)
Where:
rpmColumn = Spreadsheet column containing RPM data (Column-A in this example)
hptqColumn = Spreadsheet column containing HP or TQ data
(Column-J, Column-I in this example)
startRPM = Start RPM (e.g. 3000)
endRPM = Ending RPM (e.g. 8350)
dummyCecll = (OPTIONAL) If you want to automatically recalulate the results after changing dyno correction factors, then fill in this cell with any reference to data in your HP or TQ column. For example: putting "I2" in this parameter would force an automatic recalculation.

Examples:
=TrapRule("A", "J", 3000, 8400) - Calculate HP from 3000-8400 RPMs. No automatic recalculation.=TrapRule("A", "I", 2500, 8600, I2) - Calculate TQ from 2500-8600 RPMs. Automatically recalculates if HP correction formula is changed.

See the spreadsheet. Each dyno chart already has the area calculated under the graph.

Any questions, send me a PM.
Appreciate 0