ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530e xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I predict you will love the car.

If you haven't already planned it, I urge you to install a 240V charger outlet in your garage. I have been doing mostly local driving (4-5 miles trips) with time in between for recharging. I have also done some longer local trips 20 - 40 miles each way where I cannot charge. Despite that, I have been getting between 800-1,000 miles per fuel tank,,,and that is on a 12.4 gallon tank.

I have found that the car has ample power to get away from a stop light or stop sign, on one hand, and on the other hand, lots of power to pass at highway speeds. While I would never complain about too much power, and I will probably keep my 530e for seven years, I would be sorely tempted to tradein if they offered a 540e or 545e.

So...enjoy.
I am very excited! Five more weeks before PCD day! I've gotten by so far find on the 120V cable that came with my 530e. Not sure if I'll step up to 240V or not. It would be easy to as my panel is in the garage.

While I've leased this car, I suspect I may want to keep it at then end. Now I'm debating on paint protection options. If I'm going to turn the car back in I don't really care, but if I keep it then I'm going to wished I'd done something. My options include, having it detailed and wax at lease twice per year or a combo of ceramic coating and/or paint protection film (front bumper and fenders, hood, mirrors, charging door, edge of roof where it meets the windshield).
Appreciate 0