04-20-2015, 02:54 PM   #12
marine0369
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
Its kinda like buying a special Carnuba wax then applying it to your brand spankin' new car with a mint paint job thinking its going to make it look WAY better than it already does.

I just feel that the xd800/8 and BSWs is pretty close to perfection as it is. Maybe i just got lucky? I dunno... the MS-8 did add certain qualities that enhanced the sound, it wasn't a blow-me-away night and day difference, and that was after a lot of fiddling and a ton of calibration sweeps. But it wasn't a $350 difference

However, i'm confident that if i just had the MS-8 alone, it would BLOW away the OEM HiFi amp and there would be a night and day difference. If i had that scenario the MS-8 would definitely not be sitting in my house right now.

I know i could have mounted the MS-8 in the dual cubby hole area like you did, but i was already on the fence about keeping it in the car, and i didn't feel like doing any cutting/drilling. I'm trying to keep the car as OEM as possible and be able to return it to full "factory" so no one can tell the difference.

Very nice set up btw... very OEM... very MINT - super clean - you did a great job@!!
Thanks for the compliment! A clean install has always been important to me; nothing worse than a car full of amps and cables all over the place, I am super OCD about that kinda stuff!
On that note, AS content with the sound I am getting from just the MS-8, I found a great deal on a JL xd700/5 (JL remanufactured, $325 shipped) and I couldn't pass it up!!! So it should be here in about 4 days. I am going to replace my Alpine amp powering the understates with this and run front and rear BAVs with it as well and keep the center on the MS-8. Hopefully I don't have the same problem as you did when you ran the d800/8 with the MS-8!!! Anyways, I am DONE after this (or so I say that now) lol
Appreciate 0