tnsatbhs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
Car looks fantastic! Are you a member of the Obsessed Garage Facebook group, by any chance? If not, you should check it out. I get the hunch that you'd fit right in!

I'm not brave enough to ceramic coat my own cars. I'm barely comfortable correcting paint, so I stick with the tried and true Collinite 845/Jescar Powerlock combo.

That said, I think I am going to ceramic coat my wheels and calipers once my M340 arrives. That will be a good first test for myself.
Thanks! I'm not a member of the Facebook group, but I've watched tons of the OG videos on YouTube. Tons of great information!

I was a little worried about ceramic coating as well, but honestly I didn't run into any issues. I think the key to coatings is to spend the time on the prep. I was very meticulous on this job since it was the first time. Took me about 14 hours to clean, polish, and apply three coats of ceramic. I could've went quicker, but i figured it was better just to take my time. I think I was more nervous the first time I took a DA polisher to one of my cars than putting this coating on. At least if I messed up the coating I knew I could just polish it off.

The wheels and calipers are the only thing I haven't done yet. By the time I was done with the paint, I was ready to be done. I plan on putting the car on stands and doing the wheels and calipers soon though. I'd say that's a great place to try your hand at ceramic coating. Once you get the hang of it then you can do your whole car.
Appreciate 0