View Single Post
      04-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #7
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
I just don't see the trade off. To lose the warranty on a new $60K+ car for a few HP? I mean, if let's say you blow your motor, somehow, someway, that's $25K+ repair job. Even if you don't blow the motor but screw something up, you're now making payments (i'm assuming here, so really maybe not), on top of repair bills, on your brand new car.
If you're going to go balls out, then get mod it up crazy with big power and enjoy your beast not caring if it blows or not.
Thats kind of the point of my question. Because the cars are basically identical minor cosmetic reasons, the only thing different is the tune. Since its a BMW tune and not someone i went to and put my car on the dyno and then got it tuned, would BMW see it as a violation of the warranty?

It sounds like they would regardless if the tune itself was just a stock tune from a car with identical hardware. Its a little disappointing, as i feel like BMW should allow people to flash the CS tune into a Competition model, however they probably want to maintain the CS' exclusivity.

Again, tough question since this doesnt really happen with other car manufactures. The only other car i can think of this being a question is the Veloster N. There are actually 2 versions of the Veloster N. Theres the one we see everyone talk about online, and rated at like 275ish HP. But then theres the exact same car(also called the N) with 250ish HP. Exact same engine, exact same configuration, all it is, is just a difference in the tune. I'm curious if other Veloster N owners are asking the same question.
Appreciate 0