09-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kconner5 View Post
Our new 328i with X-Drive is doing the same thing. We just got it out of break in mode, so I took it for an oil change (never hurts right?) and then wanted to open it up a bit and see how it handled. I usually drive my MINI in DTC mode just because it allows a bit more slip before the "nannies" kick in. So I go into DS transmission mode, sport mode on the drive selector, and when I go into DTC mode, it puts me back into comfort. So I thought oh, I'll just throw it back into Sport... Well that turns DTC off and DSC fully back on.

Kyle
Hey Kyle,

I thought I was the only one who had this issue. I swear I searched for a good week or so to figure out what the problem. At the time, I was the only one who seemed to have the issue (based on research from f30post). I took it to the dealer the first and after some research they said it was a faulty switch (comfort/sport switch). I picked it up from the dealer once they said it was fixed and behold, 10 minutes after driving, the mode would go to DTC randomly and then to comfort, eco pro, etc. I called them again and scheduled an appointment for the following week.

I went back in and this time I took the tech out for a drive to see if we can reproduce it. Of course I was not able to reproduce it. Later that day the tech was able to see what happened. The wiring for some reason was shorted, which caused the modes to toggle by themselves.

I am no longer having issues now. I would take your car into service with my print out and have them ensure it's not just the switch that may need to be changed but also check for any wiring faults or shortages.

Hope this helps.