05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
steve zzr
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535d m sport

Rusty Brake And Hub Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz P View Post
Are you sure? I had two E90s and it wasn't at all noticeable and I checked out a 1-Series in a car park yesterday which was manufactured before mine and they were as clean as a whistle. My 1994 5-series had covered just under 200,000 miles when we parted company and they didn't look such a mess. Mine look bloody awful after 6,000 miles (much worse than the photo from the OP) as do all of the caliper fittings.

I think spending tens of thousands on what is supposed to be a prestigious car and seeing rusty hubs spoiling the look is a real issue. Perhaps symptomatic of keeping prices within reason by cutting back on the integrity of materials or finishing processes?
i agree, my 2012 f30 330d has done 7000miles though winter and the calipars and disc hubs look like they are 10 yrs old.
the quality of the parts are no better than ford/gm, the only solution would be to coat them with a good quality brake calipar paint when the car is new, but it should not necessary on a car costing this much! and i have to say that the paint quality in general is poor for a prestigious brand like BMW.

I am now in a 2013 330d as the first one was replaced by BMW UK due to paint issues, and the replacement car is not a lot better than the first one,
quite dissapointing really.
Appreciate 0