03-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #20
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor2010 View Post
You could be getting consistent knock and have no idea, possibly even detonation without knowing just by listening and going off how it 'feels'.

No, you will not get knock or DET while idling, it will be when the car is under load / boost, etc.

This is the scary thing, without an experienced tuner looking through many logs under different conditions, and possibly a knock microphone strategically placed on the engine block, no one can know what kind of real damage is being done to the engine until poof, one day it fails and then you are screwed. I am not trying to scare anyone, but again, if that boost is accurate - 28 psi, I can't imagine that not having serious negative engine implications.
I get what you’re saying. Unfortunately I have no access to those mics and stuff you’re talking about which is why I asked.

My car definitely feels normal to my ears. Feels the same when I drive too. No difference. Even when WOT, the car behaves normally. I’ll update when I hear back from the BMS people regarding my posts and what they have to say.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0