11-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #20
kk88
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 MSport - Week 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
I’m having a lot of issues with Apple devices and the new iDrive.

What I’m seeing:

Randomly jumbled contact info from phone on iDrive screen.

Text messages are appearing in iDrive but without contact info. No idea who they are from.

Music playback is a mess. Can’t browse anymore with iDrive or steering wheel control. Randomly turns on repeat or turns off shuffle. Same with iPhone and iPod touch.

Am I just lucky or are others having issues too? Mine is the first delivered by my dealer and their demo hasn’t been fully set up yet (?) so nothing to compare to here. BMW NA seems aware of some but not all issues.

I’m trying to isolate whether this is just an early comparability issue or if there’s something funky with my particular X5. It is doing the same things on multiple devices, so confident it is not an issues with our devices.
Call your CA or service department and tell them to contact BMW NA for a software update. I was having issues with my iDrive and took it into the dealership two days ago. I just got the car back this afternoon and almost everything is perfect. The only issue that still remains is the ApplePay screen when charging but that's only temporary until apple starts using V2 for the digital key.
Appreciate 0