View Single Post
      07-15-2015, 09:49 PM   #7
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

You won't regret your amendments, I was using the SL Info option all week in Europe last month. And your decision to go with the MPE....very, very wise choice, again from experience. And finally, we had a couple of SMB M6's with us and they are striking, especially in the sun. Great build!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machiavelli View Post
This post may be a little premature as I just placed the order a week ago, but I'm pretty excited about it so I thought I'd share with some fellow enthusiasts. Owning an M3 has always been a dream of mine and while I love my 135i and have many fantastic memories attached to it, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get behind the wheel of my very own M.

But, before I get to the specs I want to give thanks and my strongest recommendations to Jay Wong at Endras BMW. I went to see him due to referrals from a few people including forum members Farley (farbmw) and Paul (pyceasyas123). Whenever someone spoke positively about a purchase experience and I asked whom it was they worked with, Jay's name just kept turning up.

I was not disappointed -- his approach is very casual, it was like sitting down with a pal and spec'ing out a dream car just for fun. I won't get into exactly what I paid, but suffice to say give him an opportunity to earn your business and you won't be disappointed. If you do, tell him Nick says hi!

Here is how I spec'd the car:

M3 sedan
Premium package
Executive package
DCT
M Adaptive suspension
Carbon Fibre trim
Universal Remote Control
M Performance Exhaust (pending)
Speed Limit Info (pending)

While the car is primarily a daily driver and I loaded it with extraneous items like leather dashboard and window shades, I didnt want to lose sight of the fact it has a performance pedigree. Initially, I said to myself lets do something subtle on the outside with a nod to sports car insensibility on the inside. So I chose to go with Silverstone metallic exterior with a Sakhir orange interior. But at the urging of my wife, who told me I shouldn't compromise on what I really want, I decided to go big or go home -- let this beast be screaming loud outside and in!

A few forum members have already taken the SMB plunge but I haven't seen any with a Sakhir interior. Apparently, there is an F80 in the wilds of New England that is SMB/SO, but there are only a few blurry pics on instagram.

Here are some pictures from an IND M6 build titled Comfortably Cool. Maybe too loud for some, but I think that the blue/purple of San Marino complements the red/orange of Sakhir nicely.

Attachment 1239797

Attachment 1239798

I'll update this thread when I have more information.

July 14, 2015

I've put in a request to ammend my build with the addition of MPE and Speed Limit Info. Waiting to hear back with confirmation of August production and production number, build week.