View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 01:11 AM   #19
Voodoo_G80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G

—THE UPDATE—
Hi all and thank you again for replies! It seems you are all curious as to what happened so let me share the update!
Mission performance told me there was 2 options so let me copy and paste the exact messages.

I’m recovering the ECU now. Based on severity of the crash, we have two options:
1) I can recover it and fowngrade it to older version so you can install it and flash tune it with your laptop. This way it will go out to you in 2 hours or so

2) I can do the step 1, then bench flash to the latest version while unlocking and tuning it to your flash option you paid for. This way requires me to setup a different bench and because of that it won’t go out till tomorrow.
Obviously option 2 sounds better. The ECU would be recovered, latest update, and tuned so it’s just a plug and play. But I needed the car back ASAP and didn’t want to lose my overnight shipping that I paid for. So I went with option 1.

I got my ECU back and plugged in the wires(I took a pic of the wires placements before taking it out).
I got in the car and started it up. NOPE. Wouldn’t start. Contacted the tuner, he said he thinks my ECU went into energy saving mode and that is why it wouldn’t start. So i had to go into the laptop and do what mission performance told me to do. DURING THIS PROCESS, the battery freaking died! Had to get a friend drive to autozone and buy jumper cables. Left the car running for 20 mins to get enough juice so I can do the flashing process. At the end, I was able to flash the car! It was a nightmare! Alex at mission performance was there throughout the whole process messaging me and answering my annoying questions but he didn’t complain and has excellent customer service! If you’re thinking about getting the tune, do it! Just make sure u message the tuner about ur version to save yourself a headache.
—about the tune—-
The car pops and cracks so much it sounds like gun shots! I have many videos and took on a rs3 and jb4 m340.
No more check engine light too! Instagram is @orange_m340i
Appreciate 5
Poochie9104.50
VipinLJ1944.50
chenry2357.50
Slideit49.00