View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 11:00 AM   #18
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

OP
Sorry for the down time – but I’m sure you’ll be up and running soon enough (sounds like today!!) can't wait for your feedback.

That said, I’m curious, did the application give you a warning prior to moving forward with the flash? The reason I ask is at a recent BMW meet I got into a conversation with someone else who was going to do the same thing – they were going to “try” to flash their M340 (that had the latest rev of software) with Mission to see if it would work despite being told their ECU needed to be sent it.

They shared with me they started up the process but stopped due to a warning that appeared. They subsequently mailed their ECU in for the initial unlock and all is good (car was a beast as most stage 2 cars I've been in are)

Also in that conversation he stated Alex shared with him that while presently you can get a warning to not flash, click OK and acknowledge the warning, you can still hit that flash button and mess things up for yourself - he told me this is being changed and it will soon simply not allow you to flash if it doesn't like what it sees (just sharing what was shared with me).

Just curious either way if you got the warning – all good. If not sounds like Alex needs to look into this?

ps- not calling you out if you did get the warning and clicked through - was just curious - God knows we all get anxious and make mistakes or misinterpret instructions (I have too many times to count)

Take care....Happy Modding Sorry again this happened :-(

**Edit update**
Okay duh/stupid on my part - I just looked at the picture OP shared on a larger screen and yes I see the warning clear as day now - okay answered my own question. Guess we now know what happens if you move forward (sorry but thank you for taking one for the team)

Last edited by chenry; 01-15-2020 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: looked at picture
Appreciate 0