View Single Post
      10-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #10
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon
I've been eyeing up these bad boys. How's the installation?
Pretty easy.

I close the doors and turn the heater on max before I mess with interior trim. Let everything get nice an pliable.

There's little notches in the underside of the handle where the trim seats next to the inner plastic. Put your trim tool in there get it to initially release. Then work towards the outside a little at a time.

The metal clips may come off with the trim which is fine. Just take them off the trim and put them back in the door. This is easier than putting the clips on the handle and trying to put that in the door. The clip tabs are much smaller from the tab to door side than the tab to trim side.

Line up the top part and put that in the door first. Seat the clip closest to the top if necessary then finagle the bottom to the bottom tab in the door. Pull
On the metal tab in the door a little if necessary. Then once the top and very bottom tabs are aligned you can push the center of the trim towards the clips. I used my palms to make sure everything was seated.

Easy mod. If all of that was confusing bav sound YouTube has a good clip from the f30 and f82. But if you can't do this you shouldn't be around cars.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9