11-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #86
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
That sport back is fugly, I don't see the resemblance other than the fact the roof is sloping like a coupe in both cars, I expect the 4er to be nice looking car. I just don't think they would need to go with the hatchback since they already offer the 3er gt, are there any full rear on views that can point this out better? Keep in mind, this will be the top model so to speak, and will be pricey, so it has to rely on design that is beautiful to command the premium price since you have to sacrifice space in the rear with the roofline. I have high hopes that it will turn out nice, but we'll need to wait a bit to see how it turns out
You only see the resemblance between the two cars in the one characteristic that defines a sportback? I'm just teasing. Like you said, it's hard to make a call now that the test car is still covered in camo. That said, take a look at this spy shot and follow the hood line starting below the license plate and tracing it all the way up as far as you can -- it goes all the way up the rear windshield, and only cuts across where the roof meets the glass. Now, this could very well just be the panel line that separates the sheet metal from the glass, but it's pretty damning:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-BERl6ffJSP4/Um...5B6%25255D.jpg
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0