Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
yeah 235/40 is what I was thinking. and yeah the type of tire is clearly important too so I would be looking to do more of a high performance summer tire on it. but a 235 over a 225 gives you 10 more mm of tire width on each side which should help in cornering and look cooler as well!
Yes, I understand. If you want cooler looks, a significant visual improvement of stance and width of car would be to add 10mm spacers. I did on my M135i Xdrive F40 which is basically the same car chassis wise as the F44. Unfortunately these cars do look 'skinny' at the wheels, especially the front. A wider tyre will make no difference at all visually - It's a wider wheel offset what you need, hence the spacers. I bought H&R magnesium alloy ultra lightweight ones and am very happy with the way they make the car look more muscular, wider, as I've added 20mm width to the wheel track
yeah that's a good point about spacers. I run a set on my m240i during the winter when I have the stock wheels on. am I getting greedy if I want wider tires and spacers?! lol
Appreciate 0