Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Welcome to my world. Pretty certain I initially ordered before everybody here. I had an order and deposit in the day the books opened. My dealer subsequently lost their allocation for my car for whatever reason. They secured a new car with a week 12 build. That turned to week 17. Car was built early during week 15. Now it's sitting, in final QC, waiting to be released for over a week now.

In the interim I'm driving a rental, spending more than half my monthly payment on a Sonata.

My truck is being courtesy delivered to a dealer in LA, which means I'll need to fly down there to collect it and drive it back up. I can't do that during the week.

I was hoping for this weekend. That's a no go. Next weekend I'm free, but it's looking unlikely if it hasn't shipped yet.

The following weekend I'm moving.

And the week after I'm heading to Taiwan for business for a month or longer.

If this car doesn't move soon my dealer is going to have a $120k problem on their hands at a dealer 3000 miles away.

Part of me hopes they get screwed and have to pay to ship it back. I'm really angry.

And of course NA is useless. Always apologetic but never actually in a position to do anything meaningful.

I'm happy every time someone gets their truck. But at the same time it makes me even angrier. It's pretty clear to me now that this will be my last BMW.
Sorry to hear you're having such problems getting your car delivered. Mine sat in QC for three weeks, so I hope yours isn't the same case. It's unfortunate that you'll be away for a month, but for what it's worth, try and hold out a little longer for the X5M. The car is amazing, I love everything about it!