06-11-2020, 02:11 PM   #30
hurtl0ck3r
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i Xdrive

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Yes and there was a time when people said EV-cars wont ever be mainstream or the combustion engine would be with us forever because that was the epitome of technology.

So what we have learned is times change and history is history no matter how stupid a statement has come from a company and i am pretty sure BMW has changed quite a lot sens then, not only due to harder regulations on them but also because people get replaced on the board of directors. And the newer people wants the brand to go in a different direction, and for better or for worse and most of the time change is good and is needed.

Unfortunately it seems history is quite hard to let go especially at bimmerposts forums, sens people still can't get over the change that has happened to the 4 series even though the 4 series has only existed with the release of the F series car and that was in mid 2013 and the M4 came in around 2014 and that ain't all to long ago.

So if Ford can pull of a crazy as car like the Ford Focus RS is, and i am talking about the previous generation RS with the wonderful diff that it had at the time.

I am quite sure BMW can pull of a FWD based car and the FWD based x-drive that is great fun to drive. And still keep in their lineup of great RWD cars and also cater to the FWD crowd.

And to OP enjoy the car in good health and start modding the car in anyway you want and start spanking those SUV people

This is like if Porsche made a fwd 911, it go against everything the brand tells its customers. And then you have the 4 series where they point to the history of the vertical grille, so are the sticking with the past or abandoning their slogan of the ultimate driving machine.

I am all for change, but I am also willing to call out when BMW oversteps the line and is heading in the wrong direction. I can't stand it when I see a thread full of yes people with no opinion. The thread devolves into an echo chamber.

I never drove the RS, but that car was made for fun and the reviews agree. You look at reviews for the M235i and reviews say its just a car that will get you from A to B. I plan on test driving the M235i next time I'm at the dealer, need to see for myself.

https://youtu.be/CCKTgDz9_mg
Appreciate 1
tuffode87.50